WCS and WLAN IDs

Unanswered Question
Sep 28th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi,

As you probably know, The first 16 SSID are automatically assigned to the default AP group.
I would like to avoid all the first 16 SSID being broadcasted by an AP that is by mistake in the default group.

To do that, we can manually configure the WLAN ID (above 16) on the WLC.
But I did not see a way to do that on the WCS server.WCS running in version 6.0.196.0 and WLC (WiSM) in version 6.0.199.4

Do you know a way to manually assign a WLAN ID to a SSID ont the WCS ??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Belaid

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jlhainy Wed, 09/29/2010 - 08:22
User Badges:

So are you not wanting to have your SSIDs be broadcast or are you wanting to avoid having your APs go

to the default group?

I use templates in WCS to assign groups and such.

belkarchaoui Thu, 09/30/2010 - 06:35
User Badges:

Thanks for the reply.

We would like an AP being in the default group does not broadcast all SSIDs (because the first 16 SSIDs are broadcasted by APs in the default group).

So that we would like to start WLAN IDs above 16 but we can't do it with WCS (while it's possible to manually choose IDs through the WLC web interface).

Thanks for your help.

regards,

Belaid.

eiwanski Wed, 04/27/2011 - 15:06
User Badges:

I am also looking to find out a way for a new AP that registers to our controller to end up in a default group that does -not- broadcast any networks (we are also using WCS to manage the controller).  I thought about trying to create 16 dummy WLANs directly on the controllers so that any new ones that WCS added would end up with IDs above 16.  Does anyone know if that would work or cause any issues?

Did anyone ever respond or answer this question for you?

You-Heng EA Wed, 09/17/2014 - 07:24
User Badges:

The solution is ton connect directly from https to the controller, you can create a new WLAN profile by chossing the WLAN Id above 16.

From WCS it is not possible to choose the WLAN Id.

You-Heng

Attachment: 

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content

Trending Topics - Security & Network