cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.1.3 upgrade and clustering

mljevakovic
Level 3
Level 3

We have CUCM ver. 6.1.3.100-16 on platform 7825I3. We would like to do clustering and upgrading to 7.1 version. What we have to order ? Are these are correct?

UNIFIED-CM7.1
       CUCM 7.1 top level part number
   MCS7825I4-K9-CMC2
     Unified CM 7.1 7825-I4 Appliance, 0 Seats
   CAB-ACE
      AC Power Cord (Europe), C13, CEE 7, 1.5M
   Included: CCX-70-CM-BUNDLE
      CCX 7.0 UCM 5 Seat ENH Bundle - ONLY with NEW UCM
   Included: CUCMS-EVAL-K9
      CUCMS Monitoring Bundle Evaluation

LIC-CM7.1-7825=
     License Unified CM 7.1 7825 Appliance, 1,000 seats

Do we have to upgrade existing CUCM with version 6.1.3? And do we have to order CUCM ver. 7.1  or we can use from above order? We don't need devices license, do we (we use existing)?

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Work with your local Cisco partner of choice to figure out the bill of materials. This is what they do, they have access documentation to do it right, and they will have to place the order for you anyways.

As for the procedure: 6.1(3) is the earliest available direct-upgrade version shown for 7.1(3). You will need to upload the 7.0 feature license to the publisher prior starting the upgrade. After taking a backup for good measure, you should be good to go. DLU and node licenses will carry forward.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp201433

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: