cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to stay logged in (Extension Mobility) on my 7961 IP Phone

torimot
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a Cisco 7961 IP Phone - and every morning I come in, I have to login through Extension Mobility.

I used to not have to do this in my previous cubicle (just moved to this new one) - is there a setting/cofiguration somewhere I can set that would keep me logged in, so I don't have to login every morning?  Thanks for any help...

8 Replies 8

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the phone registered to CUCM or CUCME? Whether it's CUCM or CUCME, what's the version? What version of firmware is the phone running? Was your previous phone a 7961?

-Felipe

How can I check to see whether it's registered to CUCM vs CUCME and its version?  I don't even know the difference :-)

I am 95% sure that my previous phone was also a 7961 - or at least, it seems identical.

Thanks in advance..

If you're an end user please reach your local Cisco IT support for this.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

maybe your call manager is configured to log you out at certain time. you need to check with system administrator. it can be configured to keep you logged in all the time but this will will global to the users (under service parameters).

regards,

Ibrahim Chehouri

Can this be done only for a group of users?

Hi,

You can press the settings on this phone --> go to network configuration --> it should give the IP address of TFTP and CM1 etc and you can check easily by putting the callmanager IP in the browser.

If registered to callmanager there is a service parameter for extension mobility "Enforce Maximum login Time" , if this is set to false user can stay logged in till he logsout as the max time is not enforced. This can be set by going to callmamanager admin --> system --. service parameters --> select extension mobility --> you will see the service parameter values there.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Lakshmi,

I know how to set maximum loggin time on extention mobility, but this is server wide feature. My question was can this be done for a group of users only. For example I separate my users in two groups A and B. Group A I want to have no restriction on loggin time, group B I wan to log out every evening.

Hi,

No , this is the cluster wide parameter and can not be enforced only for a group of users (in other ways).

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: