Views
Helpful
Replies

6941 Phone firmware upgrade fail from 8.5.4 to 9.0.3

Ahmed Elnagar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

I have a Cisco IP Phone 6941 running SCCP 8.5.4 firmware and I want to upgrade to the latest firmware 9.0.3 and I am trying to upgrade to unsigned image as advised by the release notes but it fails.
I got the following error in the phone Display status:
upgrade SCCP69xx.9-0-3-0.a.zz fail (ffs_fwrite_2 fail)

any ideas

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ahmed,

You will need to use the "signed" version of 9.0(3) SCCP Firmware. You will currently have

the following Firmware on your 6941's (which is a "signed" version) and you can't move

from "signed" to "unsigned";

cmterm-6921_6941_6961-sccp.8-5-4-0.cop.sgn

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6921_6941_6961/firmware/8_5_4/english/release/notes/6900_854.html

Cheers!

Rob

I managed to upgrade using the unsigned version, I think that I was missing with tftp files....but for sure the unsigned is the working one.

Now that I have another problem...that is why I was upgrading :

this phone is in Egypt timezone and the clock on the phones changed by itslef a  week before the daylight saving time and I thought that the upgrade will solve  the problem.
do you know why I have this problem??
note: Egypt timezone is  +2 "now we are +3 until next Thursday we wil go back to +2" but it had *  against it "CUCM version 7.1(3b)" when I changed to another timezone area that  dont have the * the clock is correct "timezone is Lebanon/Beirut"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: