Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8.02 Silent installation question

seanpottinger
Level 1
Level 1

Afternoon All,

I am trying to deploy a totally silent install of the CUPC client via SCCM.  I can get the Visual C++ 2005 components silently as well as the MSI using the screenshot attached. I can also get a full silent install withswitches  /S /v /qn using the .exe version. However I get a prompt for the Network component on Win 7 ( attached screenshot) whichever method I use ( exe or MSI ). Any tips on how to suppress this would be much appreciated?

Many thanks

Sean

3 Replies 3

jimgrohol
Level 1
Level 1

I do not have an answer to your question yet, but I'm also in the same boat. We're looking to deploy CUPC 8 to 1,000 of our employees and I need to get a package created. We use SCCM as well to push it out. Are you assigning the presence server somewhere? I know there's a registry key that can be set, but how are you doing it with the .exe and the /S /v /qn switches?

Jim

Hi Jim,

I figured it out by doing the following:

Effectively I had to create two programs in the SCCM package which also adds the certificate into trusted publisher.

cmd /q /c certutil.exe -addstore TrustedPublisher "
pentland\Source\Packages\Applications\Cisco\CUPC 8.0.2\CiscoCUPC.cer"

CiscoUnifiedPersonalCommunicatorK9.exe /S /v/qn

Cheers

Sean

We aren't using certs just yet.

The registry key I was told is at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData

CPUAddress

Our presence server is presence.domain.net. I was just going to set that CUPAddress registry key to that servername. I would like to roll that into the package as well.