Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8.02 Silent installation question

seanpottinger
Level 1
Level 1

Afternoon All,

I am trying to deploy a totally silent install of the CUPC client via SCCM.  I can get the Visual C++ 2005 components silently as well as the MSI using the screenshot attached. I can also get a full silent install withswitches  /S /v /qn using the .exe version. However I get a prompt for the Network component on Win 7 ( attached screenshot) whichever method I use ( exe or MSI ). Any tips on how to suppress this would be much appreciated?

Many thanks

Sean

3 Replies 3

jimgrohol
Level 1
Level 1

I do not have an answer to your question yet, but I'm also in the same boat. We're looking to deploy CUPC 8 to 1,000 of our employees and I need to get a package created. We use SCCM as well to push it out. Are you assigning the presence server somewhere? I know there's a registry key that can be set, but how are you doing it with the .exe and the /S /v /qn switches?

Jim

Hi Jim,

I figured it out by doing the following:

Effectively I had to create two programs in the SCCM package which also adds the certificate into trusted publisher.

cmd /q /c certutil.exe -addstore TrustedPublisher "
pentland\Source\Packages\Applications\Cisco\CUPC 8.0.2\CiscoCUPC.cer"

CiscoUnifiedPersonalCommunicatorK9.exe /S /v/qn

Cheers

Sean

We aren't using certs just yet.

The registry key I was told is at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData

CPUAddress

Our presence server is presence.domain.net. I was just going to set that CUPAddress registry key to that servername. I would like to roll that into the package as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: