Helpful
Replies

Help Info SSL failover license ASA 8.2 to 8.3

f.mottini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a question about lincense.

I have a cluster 8.2 in HA, active-failover.

I bought 100 SSL VPN lic 4 month ago for active ASA and 100 lic for ASA in standby .

So on each firewall there is one lic for 100 SSL VPN.

If i upgrade to 8.3 the lic became 200 or still remain 100 for active and 100 for standby unit?

because i read in this doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa83/license_standalone/license_management/license.html#wp1428452

here "How Failover Licenses Combine" that there is the possibility that the linces can became one cluster lincense.

Can you help me? There is someone that try this feature?

thanks a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you are absolutely correct. With version 8.3, the license will be combined, and you will have 200 user license to use. But please kindly be advised that for example if you have 500 user license on each, with a combined of 1000 user license, and if the ASA platform only supports 750 user license, you are restricted to only 750 user license.

PS: if you are going to upgrade to version 8.3, please check out the changes in NAT and ACL. The NAT has completely changed with the concept of Twice NAT and Network Object NAT.

Hope that answers your question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you are absolutely correct. With version 8.3, the license will be combined, and you will have 200 user license to use. But please kindly be advised that for example if you have 500 user license on each, with a combined of 1000 user license, and if the ASA platform only supports 750 user license, you are restricted to only 750 user license.

PS: if you are going to upgrade to version 8.3, please check out the changes in NAT and ACL. The NAT has completely changed with the concept of Twice NAT and Network Object NAT.

Hope that answers your question.

Hi,

thanks a lot.It's perfect and thank a lot for the "PS"

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card