Views
Helpful
Replies

Start cvpnd.exe manually

johnathanamber
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

How can you start the cvpnd.exe service from the command prompt without the Cisco VPN Client being installed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Johnathan

8 Replies 8

Namit Agarwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Johnathan,

Could you please elaborate about the issue ? My understanding is that you want to start the service cvpnd.exe without downloading and installing  the VPN Client. What do we want to achieve finally ?

Thanks,

Namit

@Namit,

Thank you for your reply.

I am in a group that supports airports and we use Cisco VPN and NetSupport. With even our new laptops, using a VM running Windows XP can be taxing for our memory. So I am looking into alternatives. Linux is out of the question for now since NetSupport doesn't have a control version ported yet... so I am looking into WinPE.

I've been able to get the NetSupport software working via not being installed... but not the Cisco Client.

The only problem I am facing, I believe, from making this work is to get the service running. I know the EXE needed but I can't seem to get it to run.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Johnathan

why dont you try ssl vpn in which you dont need to

have any client installed, all you need to do is type in url in browser browser and it will install a soft client for that session only

works pretty cool

@jathaval,

Thank you for the reply... and this SLL VPN workes with Cisco VPN Concentrators?

Thank you,

Johnathan

Hi Johnathan,

SSL VPN works with VPN concentrators.

The following is the link for the same:-

https://devconnect.avaya.com/public/download/interop/Cisco_SSL_VPN.pdf

Thanks,

Shilpa

@Shilpa,

Thank you for the reply.

OK, with that being said... since we have multiple PCF files with various sites.... how can we migrate those? Or does it all have to be done by hand?

Thank you,

Johnathan

oop's i am not too sure about concentrator i will let an expert in ssl on conc answer that

why dont you post another query with subject as ssl vpn on concentrator and post this query so that it cathes the eye of experts in ssl vpn on conc

johnathanamber
Level 1
Level 1

I am curious why Cisco doesn't have a portable version of its client.... Portable devices are used in main arenas... including business...

I have to use the PCF files that I have from the airports... since we do not have all of the group usernames/passwords, etc. This is for security reasons for some airports.

I've been looking into OpenVPN... can I create .conf files from the PCFs?

Thank you,

Johnathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: