Replies

Deny access to outgoing call (PSTN and GSM gateway) for some user

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have the uc-560 with 4 PSTN line and one GSM Gateway

The system is functioning well

I will like to allow outgoing call on PSTN and GSM gateway for some user and deny it of other

I will have 3 user group

GROUP1  : can make outgoing call on GSM gateway and PSTN line directly

GROUP2 : cannot make outgoing call on GSM gateway and PSTN line directly, Must call Standard (user X) then this user make outgoing call and forward to internal user

GROUP3 : cannot make outgoing call on GSM gateway and PSTN line directly or via the standard

How to implement it ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To the best of my knowledge, CCA can configure FXO lines into groups and you can assign these groups to access codes dialed by the user community at large, but there isnt a way to partition sets of users to be allowed / denied access to these codes.   You can restrict phones from dialing toll or international, so can force them to have to dial through the other users though....

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To the best of my knowledge, CCA can configure FXO lines into groups and you can assign these groups to access codes dialed by the user community at large, but there isnt a way to partition sets of users to be allowed / denied access to these codes.   You can restrict phones from dialing toll or international, so can force them to have to dial through the other users though....

Steve

Thanks for your answer

I already have the access code (the default 9)

Can I change it and use new access code like 478 ?

I don't understand your second recommendation

You can restrict phones from dialing toll or international, so can force them to have to dial through the other users though....

If i understand well, I can use it to force some user to make outgoing call through the standard user ?

How can I implement it ?

WHile you can select a code that is not ambigious, it will not be restricted if others learn of it.

And yes, you interpreted the call through correctly.   CCA allows you to restrict users in the voice window.

where should i configure this restriction on cca voice windows ?

Please help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: