Views
Helpful
Replies

7600 - ES20 Adv License for VPN support

keshavahp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have received a new 7609 Router with RSP 720 in one of our Customer Data Center. They have also ordered ES20 Adv License (Cisco Part Number “76-ES20-ADVIP-LIC ES20, Adv License: With MVPN, 6VPE, and L3 IP/MPLS VPN”)  along with ES20 20xGE SFP Line Card (Cisco Part Number “7600-ES20-GE3C 7600 ES20 Line Card, 20xGE SFP with DFC 3C”).

ES20 Adv License / PAK is not received separately in the consignment. Show license command does not work in the CLI and I am not able to confirm to customer whether the license is pre installed on the router. ES20 20xGE SFP card is installed in the last slot 9, I treid by logging into the CLI of the Line card “attach 9” and tried show license there – but does not work.

Please can any one help me how to find out if the ES20 Adv License is installed on the ES20 20xGE SFP line card.

Thanks & Regards,

Keshava Raju

HP India

3 Replies 3

Robert Taylor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The License is required if you want to run those features in your network.

There is no actual activation required for them to function (YET) ... but this could change with newer software upgrades, which is why you "officially" must purchase the license for each card running those features.   So, in a chassis with 4 es20, if you are only running mpls vpn on 2 cards, and the rest are running base features, then you only need to have 2 licenses for those 2 cards.  If you expand, then you can buy additional licenses as spares.

Hello,

I have two 7606-S Router with 1 x 7600-ES20-10G3C + 76-ES20-ADVIP-LIC each. Is it possible to move one of these cards in order to have only one 7606-S with 2 ES20 cards without loosing the advanced IP feature?

Thanks

Hi!

Did anybody have deal with licensing of ES or ES+ cards ? What is procedure of it?

For example I have 76-ES+XC-20G3C  line card with Basic IP License. Can I upgrade to Advanced IP License? Could I use any ADV feature of ES+ for trial period?

Please give me link for installation guide.

Have a nice day.

---

Sergey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: