Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.1 Password rules settings per internal User

HUBERT RESCH
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I am looking for a way how to set the password-rules for individually for for some users or identity-groups.

I just can find the global settings

Background of the requirement: We want to use password-aging for most admin-users, for some we dont want that pw expires

(e.g. NMS-Users ect)

Thx

Hubert

10 Replies 10

Waris Hussain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I dont see any way you can do that per use level, the only place where  you can change authentication settings is :

System Administration > Users > Authentication Settings

and thats appliacable to all users

Thanks

Waris Hussain.

MATIJA PETROVIC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

sorry to raise this old thread but... we have the same requirement - to be able to tune password rules settings for specific user accounts.

I would call this a feature request... Can we have a comment if this feature is ever likely to appear in future ACS releases?

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes this would be considered as PER.

Currently there are no plans for this to be implemented for specifc accounts only, it is possible though in a global way.

HTH,

Tiago

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

You can disable password aging for specific users

Need to upgrade to ACS 5.2 and install cummulative patch 5.2.0.26.2 patch or higher that includes the following enhancement

CSCtk32178: Add an option for pass never expired for specific users

There are other threads on this subject that provide more details. When install the patch it includes a document that defines how to configure this

If need more details let me know

unfortunately this bug is not visible,

do you know when this Patch will be available ?

CSCtk32178 Bug Details

This bug ID CSCtk32178 currently has no detailed information associated with it. Please add this bug ID to your watch group, which will notify our system administrators of your interest in this bug. Bug Toolkit will then notify you of any changes to this bug in the future.

Patch is already available and can be downloaded from CCO (need to upgrade to ACS 5.2 first)

Hi, I did an upgrade to

Version : 5.2.0.26.3

Company Name : customer

User : hresch
Internal Build ID : B.3075

Patches :

5-2-0-26-1
5-2-0-26-2
5-2-0-26-

but I cannot see any change in the User-configuration, now way to set that password never expires or so ?

KR

Hubert

There are no new specific options you will see in the GUI. It is enabled by created attributes for internal users

This functionality is enabled as follows:

- In : System Administration > Configuration > Dictionaries > Identity > Internal Users add Boolean attribute ACSRESERVEDNeverExpired and set its default value to "false".

- Set this user attribute to be true in the internal user definitions of those users whose password should never expire.

There should be a pdf doc included together with the readme

Thanks a lot now it works! Great !

Btw is there a way to do this as well for the administrative users ?

KR

Hubert

This specific mechanism does not apply to administrators.

However, administrative accounts already have the followig option that can be selected

:

Overwrites account blocking in case password expired, account inactivity
period reached or admin exhausted permitted failed attempt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: