How do I see the clients that are connected to the access point?

Unanswered Question
Sep 28th, 2010

Hello,

In Wireless Control System (WCS), how do I see all the clients that are connected to the Access Point? I can do a particular search that if I know the mac address. But what I really like to know is that which clients is connected to the network. That means it sould be able to show me, example, Client A is connected to AP 1. The problem in WCS is that I can't do that. Can some please advice how I am able to do this? Thanks.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
scitinfra Tue, 09/28/2010 - 20:04

I did that already. But nothing was there. Could it be the settings on what I want it to show or everyone has the same default page where it redirects you after selecting it? Please see print screen. This happens after Monitor > Clients.

Attachment: 
Leo Laohoo Tue, 09/28/2010 - 20:20

That's because you don't have any clients successfully authenticated.  The right-hand side of your screen shot shows clients who associate (orange) but no successful authentication (blue).

scitinfra Tue, 09/28/2010 - 21:47

Sorry, I am really new at all this wireless and WCS. Sorry again if this question sounds stupid. What's the difference between associate and authentication?

The users are connected to the AP and have no problem with Internet and LAN. They are already authorized to login.

pmpesha Thu, 10/07/2010 - 14:14

Two ways:

First:

Under monitor, go to Access Points, then chose the target AP and click on it to open a menu, go to the Current Associated Clients tab.

Second:

User the search tool on your upper right corner, type in the target AP name, execute the search, on the results, click view list, on the list chose you AP and then go to the Current Associated Clients tab.

Enjoy.

Phil.

Actions

This Discussion