cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I am not able to ping to other network which it connect etherswitch module

chandru.j
Level 1
Level 1

From Router 3925 which it has SM-ES3G-16-P etherswitch module from that module we have connect three more router in which is in different locations. I configured switch module and other end router i am able to ping each other. But i am able to ping from 3925 router if login into switch module i am able to ping. etherswitch has c3560-e-unviresal-mz-22.2(52) IOS. Whe i check eith some document that i need to configure vlan 1 ip add as same subnet of gigabit interface of switch module .Even though its not pinging. i need a help in this.

thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Have you tried using the no switchport command and then applying an IP address to the etherswitch port that connects to another router?

This would make it a routed port, which may be what you need.

Regards, Ash.

hi,

Yes i given after that switched will be routed port then i am able give ip address to that port.

Hello Chandru.j

Could you help me with the steps to configure and  SM-ES3G-16-P Module ? I am really new and I have to configure that card to conect  3 routers.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card