Call Progerss Analysis using CTI (Jtapi/TSP) instead of inband tone detection

Unanswered Question
Sep 29th, 2010

Currently I am looking into the Call Progress Anaylsis possibilities on Cisco Callmanager 7.X in combination with an 2921 H323 voice gateway. We are investigating Call Progress Analysis for outbound calls (busy/answering machine/number unobtainable detection). All this information is send inband and is only available if provider gives the correct ISDN message for instance user-busy of SIP message 486 user busy for busy on PSTN side.

No let's presume that this is the case. ICM outbound dialer uses DSP on voice gateway to detect call progress tones in-band. I am wondering if CTI manager of Callmanager also passes on this information using Jtapi or TSP. If you read the Jtapi and TSP documentation there is room for these kind of messages.

When using old pots phone in the past we have seen TSP and Jtapi messages containing the busy information for the line, but we now face the translation from ISDN to VoiP.

Because ICM outbound dialer is using inband call progress analysis (using DSP resources on the voice gateway) my guess is that this isn't possible. Can someone confirm this?

Kind Regards,

Edwin

Infra

provider network (IP) -> IP data connection to Cisco Metrolan swith 3400 -> IP Mux which converts IP to 2x ISDN 2mbit line -> 2x 2921 with latest IOS version and each voice gateway having one E1 controller on euro ISDN without CRC4. Each gateway has PVDM-3-64 modules for enabling voice channels.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rising437 Thu, 12/01/2011 - 13:56

Hi Edwin,

I'm actually trying to make the same thing: CPA, but with TAPI. I think more or less the same kind of API than JTAPI.

Have you manage to achieve this? If so could you let me know how? I'm having a customer that needs to have this CPA within the built TAPI application.

Thanks,

Rodrigo 

Edwin Vos Wed, 12/07/2011 - 04:24

Hello Rodrigo,

No we were not able to achieve this using Jtapi or Tapi. In the end this was something our customer wanted, but hadn’t paid for, so we stopped our investigation into this option.

Regards,

Edwin Vos

Actions

This Discussion