Views
Helpful
Replies

How to update the Vendor name list in WCS

thierry.jouve
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !

It seems that the list of Mac address <-> Vendor name list is not up to date in WCS.

For exemple, I have the following MAC connected : 7c:c5:37:7d:97:38. It appears as unkown in WCS but it is an Apple device and the following web site confirms it : http://curreedy.com/stu/nic/

Is there a way to update this list either manually or with a patch ?

I even tried to connect to the DB and find the table but I didn't manage to connect to it, as there is no way to change the DB password in version 7.x.

I'm using WCS 7.0.164.0 on Windows 2003.

Thanks for your comments !

Best regards,

--

Thierry

4 Replies 4

alex.de.gracia
Level 1
Level 1

Noone can answer this?

robert.huang
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for the answer as well.

stefan.angerer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

there is file called "vendorMacs.xml" in /opt/WCSyourversion/webnms/conf

You can manually add vendor OUIs there, after a restart of the WCS services you will see them in the GUI.

Please be aware that I have no idea if this is supported (probably not), and if any changes to this list will still be here after an WCS upgrade (I'm afraid they won't).

Hope this helps anyway!

Stefan

Thanks Stefan for your reply.

I'm using WCS 7.0.98.0. Can anybody share a latest vendorMacs.xml and vendorMacs.xsd? Too many unknown devices and I don't want to upgrade the WCS at this moment.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card