cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA public outside interface access on the inside interface\network

marramix01
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on pilot project where there is the need for a host located in the inside interface of the ASA (private network  - 192.168.0.0) to have access\exposed to the internet (cant use nat)  The host would have assigned two public internet IP addresses (same public network as the asa outside interface). Can this even be possible without having to connect the host directly to the outside network ? if so, how do you configure the asa to forward traffic destine to the outside network and then out to the inside interface (two different networks - outside (public)\inside\private). Please let me know if someone has come across something similar.

Thanks,

marramix01

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Either you use ASA in transparent mode or start to cheat the ASA into thinking that particular outside IP should be routed into inside (with identity NAT).

Or you put the host on DMZ and assign chunk of your "outside" IP subnet to DMZ.

Marcin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Either you use ASA in transparent mode or start to cheat the ASA into thinking that particular outside IP should be routed into inside (with identity NAT).

Or you put the host on DMZ and assign chunk of your "outside" IP subnet to DMZ.

Marcin

marramix01
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the quick response. I am currently researching these options. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card