Views
Helpful
Replies

Uploading Remote Destination Profiles via BAT

ejrobali
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CUCM 7.1(3) system and have a requirement to give serveral users remote destination profiles.  I noticed that there is a BAT workbook tab to bulk in RDPs but in CUCM when I go to create a RDP BAT template it specifically requests for the user ID.  To me this appears to defeat the purpose of a template and it appears that the bulk upload works well for updates to existing RDPs and not to bulk in new profiles.  My question is have you been able to successfully bulk new RDPs or is the BAT more geared towards updating existing RDPs.

Thanks,

Edwin

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Edwin,

You should be able to override any settings within the Template based on

the info in the .csv

Inserting Remote Destination Profiles into Cisco Unified CallManager

Use the following procedure to insert Remote Destination Profiles into Cisco Unified CallManager

Procedure

Step 1 Choose Bulk Administration > Remote Destination Profile > Remote Destination Profile Insert.

The Insert Remote Destination Profile Configuration window displays.

Step 2 In the File Name drop-down list box, choose the CSV data file that you created for this specific bulk transaction.

Step 3 In the Remote Destination Profile Template Name drop-down list box, choose the BAT Remote Destination Profile template that you created for this type of bulk transaction.

Note Remote Destination Profile template is optional while inserting Remote Destination Profiles. Ensure that the CSV data file has a `Desk Phone Name' when a Remote Destination Profile template is not selected.

Step 4 Checking the Override the existing configuration check box overwrites the existing Remote Destination Profile settings with the information that is contained in the file that you want to insert.

Step 5 In the Job Information area, enter the Job description.

Step 6 To insert the Remote Destination Profile records immediately, click the Run Immediately radio button or click Run Later to insert the Remote Destination Profile records at a later time.

Step 7 To create a job for inserting the Remote Destination Profile records, click Submit.

Step 8 Use the Job Configuration window to schedule and/or activate this job.

http://cisco.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_0_1/t11dstpr.html#wp1047290

Cheers!

Rob

Hi, 

I would like to add that if you do these steps it causes the RD to be removed from RDP which is not good if you have 1000+ RDPs, the steps below are the solution to avoid losing RD from RDP. 

1-	Go to CCM Administration > Bulk Administration > Import / Export > Export > Name a tar file > Select Remote Destination Profile > Check Dependency > Submit. 
2-	Go to CCM Administration > Bulk Administration > Job Scheduler > Make sure the process above is completed. 
3-	Go to CCM Administration > Bulk Administration > Upload/Download > Look for the Tar file with the name created in step 1 and download it. 
4-	Find the downloaded Tar file and put it in a totally separate folder
5-	Find the file named as “rdp.csv” and open it, then modify all users you need to modify, once you are done, save the file. 
6-	Go back to the folder where you see “rdp.csv” and all the rest of the csv files > select all files > right click on them > 7-Zip > Add to archive > save it as Tar file. 
7-	Go to CCM Administration > Bulk Administration > Upload/Download > Add new > Choose the tar file created in step 6 > Target: Import/Export > Transaction Type: Import Configuration > Overwrite if exists. 
8-	Go to CCM Administration > Bulk Administration > Import / Export > Import > Select the Tar file uploaded in step 7  > next > Select all boxes as well overwrite if exists > Run immediately > Submit. 
9-	Go to CCM Administration > Bulk Administration > Job Scheduler > Make sure the process above is completed. 
10-	Done.

Regards, 

Osvaldo Perez

Cisco TAC. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: