Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 7.1 Bulk attribute for message notification

ejrobali
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CUC 7.1 system and have users that need the message notification option where they receive an email when a voicemail is left in their VM box.  I looked though the CUC admin guide for the csv attributes and only noticed fields available for text notification.  Is there a csv attribute available to bulk in the necessary information fo rthe email message notification.

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I was checking the following doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmacappa.html#wp1013626

I was looking in section:

Table A-2     Required and Optional CSV Fields for Users With Voice Mailboxes 

and find:

Relay Address

Optional

Optional

N/A

Specifies the address to relay incoming message when one or more of the  actions (EmailAction, VoicemailAction, FaxAction, DeliveryReceiptAction)  is set to 2 (Relay the message).

RelayAddress is in the format of someone@somewhere or someone@somewhere.com.

This may be what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Scott

This is for relaying voicemail or accept and relay voicemail actions.  While that may be what you want, it sounds as if you are talking more about SMTP message notification? (Ex: Dave gets voicemail, CUC will send SMTP notification to an email address to notify Dave a message has arrived).  Which one do you want to do?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks for the replies.  I'm referring to the SMTP message notification using the example that David noted.

(Ex: Dave gets voicemail, CUC will send SMTP notification to an email address to notify Dave a message has arrived)

Thanks for the help,

Edwin

That's what I thought.  You can go here to double check what I'm about to tell you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user_mac/guide/7xcucmac040.html#wp1278991

Go to the section SMTP-Compatible Notification Devices.

You will see that you must set up notification devices individually for users.  Once you've done that, you can then use Bulk Edit to enable/disable that device.

The link above will tell you what you need to in terms of set up.  You could also allow users to edit their notification devices (I believe) in Cisco PCA.  If you are in a large environment, this may be the way for you to go.  If it is a small environment, you'll likely need to set this up on your own.  I can check this behavior in my lab later; however, it may be a while before I get around to it.  Take a look at the documentation above.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: