cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleting the client immediatly since WLAN is changed

JOHN SAINATO
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;  I recently upgraded our 5508s to 7.0.98 I am now seeing this mesage on the primary WLC while running adebug on a client *apfMsConnTask_1: Sep 29 11:05:36.114: Deleting the client immediatly since WLAN is changed.  anyone know what this means?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Im sure one of our Cisco friends can answer this ... I haven't seen this before specific to WLAN. Deleting client often means its deleting the client association. Is this client having issues by chance?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Yes, several users throughout the day disconnect and then reconnect.

JOHN SAINATO
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen this message??

John,

Take a look at the Controller tab.  One of the options there, is Fast SSID Change, set this to enable and see if this helps.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

craig.eyre
Level 1
Level 1

John,

Have you figured out a solution from your problem? Did the fast ssid change work?

In my scenario I disabled it as I would see clients connecting from one SSID to another but retaining their ip address from the 1st ssid.

This is bad (or I've missed something) if you have different firewall rule sets for these 2 SSID's.

Regards,

Craig

Hi Everyone,

This debug message is not properly filtered when running a client debug. It is printed whenever ANY client on the controller switches WLANs, not just the client we are debugging. Since clients out there sometimes like to bounce around when multiple profiles are configured, this message can often be ignored.

See CSCtr07846 for more details.

-Pat

Matheus Lopes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had exactly the same issue with clients who were trying to connect with their IPhones and i was getting the same error through the logs. Deleting the client immediatly since WLAN is changed. 

The solution was enable FAST SSID change on the Controller.

There is an option in WLC to enable FAST SSID change. By default its disable.

When fast SSID changing is enabled, the controller allows clients to move between SSIDs. When the client sends a new association for a different SSID, the client entry in the controller connection table is cleared before the client is added to the new SSID. When fast SSID changing is disabled, the controller enforces a delay before clients are allowed to move to a new SSID.

Enable FAST SSID via GUI:

Login WLC GUI: Go to Controller to open the General page.
From the Fast SSID Change drop-down list, choose Enabled to enable this feature
Click Apply
Click Save Configuration on the right side on top.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card