cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP server question on 1141N

matta1984
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have DCHP server set up on my new 1141N. Everything works great, but I wanted to know if it were possible to make the DHCP server only hand out ip addresses on the wireless connection? Currently the AP is giving out ip addresses from the pool to wired and wireless pc's. Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

b.garczynski
Level 1
Level 1

Matt,

I would recommend using separate subnets between your wired and wireless networks. Then you should create a DHCP scope to only hand out addresses on the wireless subnet.

As b.gar point out you sure can . 5 point to you B.gar!

I would becareful because i dont think the AP binds the addresses after reboot? Someone... correct me if im wrong.. that may or may not be an issue for you ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Matt,

Please mark the Question as Answered, if the provided information by Brad and George is correct and it helped. By doing that others can take benefit as well.

Thanks,

Vinay Sharma

Community Manager – Wireless

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card