cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP QOS Implementation on WAN/GRE-IPSec Tunnel

paulbrazier
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to implement VOIP for 7 users and the routing/QOS will be controlled by 2 * 2901's.

I have very little knowledge of QOS on Cisco apart from auto qos voip ;-)

My main concern is I need to QOS the traffic on our WAN interface 20Mb BUT the VOIP traffic will be going over a GRE/IPSec tunnel over the WAN interface.

I presume that on the WAN interface it will just see IPSec packets and not understand they are VOIP to gain greater priority? On the tunnel it will understand VOIP and non VOIP traffic but if someone is hammering the WAN link VOIP packets inside IPSec packets will get dropped?

Please could someone help me understand if this is correct and or the best methods to attackt this setup.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

carunach
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Carunach,

Many thanks for the links, do not seem to have the right access to get them?

Need to look to raise my access, we do have cisco kit new so presume I can register them to do this.

If these documents are available else where in the mean time would appreciate a pointer.

Many Thanks

Paul

Arun,

Many thanks for this to see this in a Cisco document gives me great faith and I was half hoping this should be the case. Need to ensure my ip phones use TOS now :-)

Many Thanks for your help!

Regards

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: