cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks Tacacs+

dtom
Level 1
Level 1

I have been just given the task of working with ciscoworks 3.2 (that someone else setup).  I just changed some devices (routers) to ssh and tacacs+ (only telnet and local account before) .  Now when I try to sync the configuration it fails with the following:

*** Device Details for op-duncan ***
Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable 
Selected Protocols with order ==> Telnet,TFTP,SSH,RCP,HTTPS 
Execution Result:

RUNNING 
CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for op-duncan Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.0.9.77 - Cause: Connection refused. 

PRIMARY-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. 
SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to 10.0.9.77 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. 

Failed to fetch config using RCP.Verify RCP is enabled or not. 
Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required. 

VLAN 
CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for op-duncan Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.0.9.77 - Cause: Connection refused. 

VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP. 
SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to 10.0.9.77 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. 

VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP. 
Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

For the life of me, I cannot find the correct place to change the credentials to make this work again (for these devices).  Can anyone help me?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The credentials can be changed under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management.  Select the devices and click the Edit Credentials button.  Fill in the correct username and password for these devices.