cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks Tacacs+

dtom
Level 1
Level 1

I have been just given the task of working with ciscoworks 3.2 (that someone else setup).  I just changed some devices (routers) to ssh and tacacs+ (only telnet and local account before) .  Now when I try to sync the configuration it fails with the following:

*** Device Details for op-duncan ***
Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable 
Selected Protocols with order ==> Telnet,TFTP,SSH,RCP,HTTPS 
Execution Result:

RUNNING 
CM0151 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch failed for op-duncan Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.0.9.77 - Cause: Connection refused. 

PRIMARY-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. 
SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to 10.0.9.77 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. 

Failed to fetch config using RCP.Verify RCP is enabled or not. 
Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required. 

VLAN 
CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for op-duncan Cause: TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 10.0.9.77 - Cause: Connection refused. 

VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP. 
SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to 10.0.9.77 - Cause: Authentication failed on device 3 times. 

VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP. 
Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

For the life of me, I cannot find the correct place to change the credentials to make this work again (for these devices).  Can anyone help me?

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The credentials can be changed under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management.  Select the devices and click the Edit Credentials button.  Fill in the correct username and password for these devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: