cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unlock MeetMe Conferencing Feature

dvaggalis
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed this feature is supported in CME 8.0, any chance it will make it to CUCM?

Unlocked MeetMe Conference

Cisco Unified CME 8.0 adds support for Unlocked MeetMe Conference. When  you unlock MeetMe conference bridge in Cisco Unified CME, the user can  initiate a MeetMe conference without pressing the MeetMe soft key, which  would allow the external callers to initiate a MeetMe conference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/feature/guide/Cisco_Unified_IPPhones_69xx_Series.html#wp1072892

5 Replies 5

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's an interesting enhancement to CME. From my internal searches, found that this enhancement in CME was added using

CSCsy80028    RT-LITE: Unlocked MeetMe Conference Support Initial Commit.

However, I wasn't able to find any enhancement defect opened on CallManager for the same feature (unlocked MeetMe conferencing) - my guess is that there is no plan as now on CallManager to implement this feature.

My suggestion would be to contact your Cisco Account Team, so that they can initiate a discussion with the CUCM development unit, to find out if unlocked MeetMe conferencing will be considered for implementation in the future.

- Sriram

Anyone have any news on this feature being made available in Communications Manager & CM Business edtion?

Hi,

The above requirement of starting the MeetMe conference through an external phone(PSTN) along with authentication,limit of users per conference and scheduleing feature IS POSSIBLE through an application and we have done it.

saikiapranjol would love some details on how you did it?   fighting to unlock meet-me conference bridges in CUCM 10 currently...

Please checkout the solution details in the following link at Cisco Market Place 

https://marketplace.cisco.com/catalog/products/1923

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: