cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I need to uninstall the current CSC-SSM Patch before installing the latest patch?

Sandra Proesch
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently on 6.1.1569.2 on our CSC-SSM on our ASA5520.  Installing the upgrade to through the GUI looks fairly straight forward.  Is there any reason I should do it CLI instead?  Also do I need to uninstall the 6.1.1569.2 path before installing the most current?  Could I uninstall it afterwards?  Do I need to uninstall it at all?

Thanks.

--Sandy

2 Replies 2

Allen P Chen
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

With regards to the upgrade *.pkg files, those can only be installed through the GUI of the CSC-SSM.  You do not need to uninstall the current version to upgrade.  Which version are you trying to move to?  The latest version on the 6.2 train is 6.2.1599.6, you can simply download the file csc6.2.1599.6.pkg file and upgrade through the GUI.  I would recommend performing a configuration backup prior to the upgrade, this can be done within the GUI under Admin>Configuration Backup.

Hope that helps!

Allen P Chen
Level 5
Level 5

I apologize, I just reread your post and realized that you are running software version 6.1.1569.2 (not 6.2.1599.2).  6.1 is pretty old, so you will need to go through incremental upgrades to move up to a later version.  Here are the files you will need:

csc6.1.1587.0.pkg

csc6.2.1599.0.pkg

csc6.2.1599.6.pkg

This will move you up to the latest version on the 6.2 train. 

There is no way to upgrade the module through the CLI; however, you can re-image the module through the CLI.  The reason you might want to re-image is because you can just re-image it to a later version instead of performing incremental upgrades.  However, the downside to re-imaging is that you will lose all of your CSC configuration, so you will need to set it back up once it's been re-imaged.  You can also restore from configuration backup after it's been re-imaged as well.

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card