Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary Dial Tone when calling Intercom

mark
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having a very wierd issue configuring intercoms on a new installation.  We use extensions in the 100 range, so I create an intercom as *100, *101,*101 and so on.  I have done this many times before and it works like a charm.  The issue that I am having is when I hit *1, I get a secondary dial tone.  If I create an intercom that is *200.  It works fine.  The funny thing is that if I dial *1, then *100 the intercom works fine.  I have searched the configuration for a dial peer that might be overlapping but I cannot find one.  Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

It almost sounds like *1 may be set up as a Route Pattern

with the Provide Outside Dial Tone checkbox checked.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Mark,

You can use the following sql command to find out which DN / pattern starting with *1 has secondary dial tone checked - I am not sure how the outsidedialtone field is represented (as true or 1), so one of the following two commands should result in a valid output :

run sql select pkid, dnorpattern from numplan where ((dnorpattern like '*1%') and (outsidedialtone='1'))

(or)

run sql select pkid, dnorpattern from numplan where ((dnorpattern like '*1%') and (outsidedialtone='t'))

If using  Windows version :

Remote Desktop to Pub > Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL > SQL Query Analyzer > select latest CCM<> database on the top >

Linux version :

SSH to Pub, and type the sql command

Let me know if it helps.

- Sriram

The system still does it, I never figured out why but using the dialable intercom feature resolved my issue.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: