Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum number of vrf's on a 3560 ?

websterc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm working on a solution that will require multiple vrf's on a 3560, but I can't find how many are supported on the platform.

I appreciate that the SDM template may have an effect but I ultimately need to know how many vrf's I can go up to.

During testing with 3550's it would appear 4 is the maximum with routing extended match sdm template.

Many thanks in advance

Clive

6 Replies 6

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I believe 3560 share the same architecture as 3750. Check the 3750 Q&A

Q. Does the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series support VRFs?
A. Yes, VRF-lite is supported beginning with release 12.2(25)SEC
Q. How many VRF instances does the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series support?
A. The Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series supports 1 global routing table and up to 26 VRF tables.
HTH,
Lei Tian

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

In addition to what Lei noted, I actually tried this on a 3560.  The maximum is 25 and cannot create 26, see below:

xx-cx(config)#ip vrf 26
% Can't create VRF 26
xx-cx(config)#

HTH

Reza

Thanks for replying.

On the 3550 I was testing with the message "%L3TCAM-3-TOO_MANY_VRF: The maximum number of VRFs allowed has been exceeded"

Only came up when I created a new VLAN added it to the vrf and then added the IP address.

I read on one forum that the 3550 only supports 4 vrfs but 8 are configured the message only came up as I created interfaces in the 4th vrf.

So I guess my question is if the 3560 supports 25 or there about vrfs has anyone tried to add actual interfaces into those vrfs ?

Really helpful posts so far, really appreciate it

Clive

Clive,

Are you talking about 3560? if yes, the maximum is 25

xx-cc(config-if)#do sh run int vlan 145
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 62 bytes
!
interface Vlan145
ip vrf forwarding 25
no ip address
end

xx-cc(config-if)#

Here is the IOS ver:

System image file is "flash:/c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-50.SE2.bin"

HTH

Reza

Hi Reza,

Good work! +5

Regards,

Lei Tian

danrya
Level 1
Level 1

Take a look at this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_55_se/configuration/guide/swiprout.html#wp1319320

It lists all of the limitations for using VRF's on the 3560's.  (it's 26 by the way).

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: