cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't make calls in my personal communicator

lperez235
Level 1
Level 1

I can't make calls in my personal communicator, can someone help me?

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you the phone system administrator ?

Yes, I'm the telephone system administrator

I assume other calls out the gateway which you're supposed to be using work fine?  Check the CSS of the calling device and make sure it contains a partition with a route pattern to a device which has an active/working circuit to the PSTN.

Take a look at the Dial Plan Analyzer built into CUCM.  That may help you figure out if the issue is a CUCM config.

replied to the wrong post

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you attach the Help > Show Server Health output from CUPC (Cisco Unified Personal Communicator)?  If you can't make any calls make sure the deskphone is connected or the softphone is connected (which means registered).  Does the same thing happen with internal calls?

the deskphone is registered, but the softphone is Unknow in the callmanager, the internal calls are ok.

That's fine then, the softphone will show unknown until CUPC is switched  over to softphone mode, then you'll see the softphone as registered.   So you're using deskphone mode.  Can you make external calls from your  deskphone without using CUPC?  If so the only thing that would change in  how the number is presented to call manager is application dial rules.   Check under Call Routing > Dial Rules > Application Dial rules,  and check which ones are being applied to the number you're trying to  dial and it's not working for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: