cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting LAP back to autonomous failed

FRANK SCHADE
Level 1
Level 1

I've a 1130 AP which doesn't boot it's LWAPP image from flash. So I tried to convert it back (with tftp server and so on) but after the message that it's using the "reset IP" it tries again to start the (corrupt?) image.

Is there a way to stop this boot cycles and to check boot parameter? Or any other ideas?

9 Replies 9

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Whats the process that we are followint while converting from LWAPP to autonomous?? below link will provide us the best way to convert..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12887

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi,

To stop the reload of LWAP and to verify boot variable, you could issue:

AP#

debug lwap client no-rel

show boot

dir flash:

As stated in the above document, you could then convert using archive command method.

Regards,

Madhuri

HI,

I have attached file for converting LAP to auotnomous ...........

please follow the proc. ... I hope it will work

FRANK SCHADE
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for all your hints - but I cann't even access the console. The boot process stucks here:

button pressed for 2 seconds
process_config_recovery: set IP address and config to default 10.0.0.1
Loading "flash:/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx"...############################################################################################################################################################################################################################

File "flash:/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx/c1140-rcvk9w8-mx" uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x4000
executing...

Than  nothing happens anymore (the same in non-reset-mode)

Is there something else wrong?

Hi,

What I see here is, it is loading the LWAP recovery image c1140-rcvk9w8-mx which has 'k9w8'

Have you verified that autonomous image is loaded to AP's flash ? If 'dir flash:' output has autonomous image which will have 'k9w7' then you could issue

AP#

debug lwap con cli

conf t

boot system flash:

/

Regards,

Madhuri

Hi,

as I said - the boot processs stucks at this state and I can't access to the console anyway.

regards

frank

Hi,

If you are not able to convert through the procedure which i provided . Then please issue below command to get Image copied in Flash:

First boot your ap from tftp directly.

bring ap in rommon mode with the help of reset button.

you will get below mode

ap:

then give below command to boot from tftp directly.

ap : boot tftp:/ ..ip address .. / filename..

it will boot from tftp directly and after word you can copy .tar Image from with the help of below command

ap: archieve / download-sw / tftp:ip address... / file name ...

but make sure that you have enough space in your flash...

I reckon, it should work . let me know if you have any further issue ..

Hi,

there seems to be no change to stop the boot process.

Also with the the "tftp-procedure" it immediately starts to boot from flash and then stucks.

So I need a trick to interrupt the boot process.

thanks

praveenneti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Today, I have converted the Cisco LWAP (1140) to Autonomous AP successfully.

Follow the below steps:

1. Download your 1142 image from Cisco --- I chose c1140-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JY.tar (Autonomous IOS Image for LWAP 1142)

2. Copy your 1142 image to your TFTP folder and start your TFTP server

3. Hook up your console cable and open up PuTTY

4. Plug in your 1142 into your POE/non-PoE (use Power Chord) switch.

5. Create one DHCP Pool in 10.0.0.0/24 network and let the LWAP and Laptop takes the IP from that DHCP Pool.

6. When it boots and your DHCP server gives it an IP address, you'll get a prompt (*your AP needs to get to your TFTP server)

Use PuTTY and enter in the commands in bold and modify the address of your TFTP server and image accordingly.

APd0d0.fdae.aea4> enable

Password: Cisco

APd0d0.fdae.aea4#debug lwapp client no-rel    ###### Very Important command
LWAPP ignore internal reload debugging is on
APd0d0.fdae.aea4
#debug capwap console cli   ######## After giving the above one, this particular command will activate.
CAPWAP console CLI allow/disallow debugging is on

APd0d0.fdae.aea4# archive download-sw /overwrite /force-reload tftp://10.0.0.10/c1140-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JY.tar    ######## After giving the above command "debug capwap console cli" then the "ARCHIVE" command will activate

It starts upgrading the new IOS to the LWAP. After installing the IOS, reboot twice the AP and you can normally see the prompt “ap>”

Regards,

Praveen Neti.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: