Helpful
Replies

Be informed when phone makes a call or goes off-hook

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

Hope everything is ok with you guys.

Im searching for a way to know when certain phone makes a call or..simply goes off-hook.

I would like to be real time informed (mail, trap, syslog..), without having to go get reports from CAR/CDR.

I've been searching and can't get any solution. Even with SNMP I cant see any info about this.

Any of you guys can help me with some brilliant idea?

Thank you!

met

7 Replies 7

hello,

something easy that i can think of is Speed Dial Busy Lamp Field

A fancier option is to use CUPS/CUPC

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

Thank you for your suggestions guys...but I'll try to be more detailed:

- i have a remote room with 50 phones.

- room is unlocked.

I need to know if someone goes there and touches any of the phones, off hooking...or making a call?

And be warned imediatelly by email or a trap...

(i cant be looking for a BLF button or using Presence)

Any good ideas?

Warm regards!

met

Are there any legit active calls for this system?  If not, you can pull an SNMP trap for something as simple as active call count, or connected call history, or something.

Check out:

CISCO-CCME-MIB

CISCO-DIAL-CONTROL-MIB

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a008048349c.shtml#mib4

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&mibName=CISCO-CCME-MIB

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

Yes...this is the production system.. I need to know this info only about a small number of phones in a pre-determinated site...

Thanks...

Regards!

And this is CUCM, not CME, right?

I don't have any ideas for CUCM to have instant alerts on specific phones.  Other than setting up something fancy on the switch to look for when SCCP or RTP traffic bursts above a specific rate for the switchports where the concerning phones are connected.

ssadayap
Level 1
Level 1

CUOM may be helpful in this scenario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: