cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA and Windows Server 2008 hangs

teachers01
Level 1
Level 1

We're having a problem where we install CSA 6.0.2.130 on a Windows 2008 server running IIS and the server hangs after login.  Screen goes blank, mouse pointer is there but the system is unresponsive.  It is possible to start Task Manager and it shows almost all services stopped (but CSA running).  Stopping CSA service returns function to the server.  However, after all the services have started, if we try to start the CSA, then the server hangs again.

Looking in the CSA log files doesn't show anything major.  There are some references to the management center being not reachable but they resolve themselves.

Any ideas where to look?  We've tried disabling A/V, reinstalling, etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds potentially like bug CSCtg98849.  There is a workaround that should allow you to continue running with CSA enabled:

Edit the "Base - Digital Signing of Downloaded Executables" rule module and disable the file access control "Send downloaded executables for scanning if opened for read".

Save the change.

Generate rules and deploy to affected hosts.

Scott

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Try putting the agent in audit mode, if this doesn't fix it, it is probably i driver conflift with another security product.

/J

Jan,

I did not try your suggestion; I apologize, so I'm not sure whether it would have helped or not.

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds potentially like bug CSCtg98849.  There is a workaround that should allow you to continue running with CSA enabled:

Edit the "Base - Digital Signing of Downloaded Executables" rule module and disable the file access control "Send downloaded executables for scanning if opened for read".

Save the change.

Generate rules and deploy to affected hosts.

Scott

Scott,

That did it; disabling the file access control solved the problem.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Jeremy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: