cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

simple broadcast

dlee_gmail
Level 1
Level 1

hi! how do i create a hotline when i call a particular number eg x1000, the numbers within a group eg. 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004 will ring at the same time?

another question is that. how to i block a certain group of number from making idd or overseas call?

am quite new in cisco ip tel. can provvide me with a simple guidelines of how can i achieve the objecive above?

thanks.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which system do you have ?

hi! I can't remember what version is that, it's Cisco CM that was implemented about 1.5 yrs ago. i know you ccan create something like line group and hunt group...etc, but not too sure about the steps and sequence of doing this.

On CUCM, you would create a Line Group - the line group would contain the extensions you want to ring.  Then you create a Hunt List - this contains the Line Group you created (and any rollover line groups).  Then you create a Hunt Pilot - the hunt pilot in your example would point to your Hunt List and the extension would be 1000.

To restrict calling, you need to use CSS and Partitions.  Typically you use Device Level CSS to designate cluster-wide allowed and blocked patterns.  You then use Line Level CSS as Class of Restriction - in other words, you block patterns that you dont want a user to call at the line level.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

hi! In that case, my hotline number will be the number i specify in the Hunt List? I noticed that i've a few hotline that were configured previously by the vendor, the hotline number weren't the same from the one specify in the hunt list. Any idea what is that so? thx.

There are 2 ways to do it.

1) Translation pattern - users dial x1000 which translates to another number which is the hunt pilot

2) Hunt Pilot is x1000

If you'd like to control whether outside users can call the hunt pilot (e.g., it's a DID) directly or not, then the translation pattern may be the best option.  If the intent is to just provide a number that users call and rings a group of phones, then I don't really see a lot of reason to configure the hunt pilot as anything other than the direct number.

Up to you.

Hailey

hi! sorry, i don't quite get what you mean. So, if i want to set a

number eg. 8888 as a hotline number which will ring a list of ext number if somebody call 8888 be it a external or incoming call, what shd i set in the hunt pilot? shd i set it as 8888?

don;t quite understand about the translation part.

thx.

Not understanding the translation pattern scenario is fine, it tells me that you don't have any advanced requirements.  Here is your answer:

Your hunt pilot should be configured as 8888.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: