Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA shows Block this Pattern but users can make calls

In trying to find the call flow on CUCM 6.1, the DNA kept showing Block this Pattern for all DNs in all Calling Search Spaces.  Yet, the users were able to make calls.  I have seen this in other instances as well.  The DNA shows Block this Pattern when the users are, in fact, able to make calls.  Is this a bug with the DNA?  Is there a way to get it to work so I don't have to manually trace the call flow?  Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Lakshmi Adapala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Basically the CSS of the calling device should be able to reach the partition of the called device/route pattern etc. So basically on the DNA are you selecting the CSS of the calling and entering the called digits exactly as they are dialed from the calling ?

Yes, correct.  I choose, in the drop down box, the calling search space of the DN making the call, then the time zone, called number. And it always says Block this Pattern.  Yet, the user can dial the number with no problem.  So, I'm getting a false reading from the DNA, or something.

What is the result in the DNA if you try with out selecting time zone (just calling, called numbers and CSS) ?

Thanks,

Lakshmi

When I leave the default time zone in there, it is still blocked.  I treid several time zones and several calling search spaces and numerous DNs and telephone numbers, with the 9, with 91, with out any prefix.  They are all the same.

Also,

the DNA may or may not show how things actually are working in the backend, ideally if you have any call routing issues, always go for a call manager trace.

Now tell us the calling called party numbers, and upload the routeplan report with ccm traces from all nodes.

If the issue is just to clarify the behaviour, it could be that there are more Potential matches for the call and the call manager in the backends goes to the next match if one is blocked or has a partial match, but i think the DNA is just showing the first match and not the potential matches, and thats why the calls are not failing even the DNA shows it is hitting the Block this pattern.

Please recheck your route plan report

Cheers!

Kunal

Hi Anthony,

Could be this bug;

CSCsw69333 Bug Details Bug #9 of 14 | < Previous | Next >

DNA does not take into account Allow Overlap Sending configuration
Symptom
DNA shows Block This Pattern when overlap sending is enabled

Conditions
Add route pattern of 0.00 with Allow Overlap Sending checkbox selected.
In DNA enter 0000 and it will return Block this pattern.

Work Around: None
StatusStatus
Fixed             

Severity Severity
3 - moderate

Last Modified Last Modified
In Last Year        

Product Product
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager)         

Technology Technology

1st Found-In 1st Found-in
7.0(2)       

Fixed-In Fixed-in
6.1(3.9901.102)
8.0(0.38000.280)
7.1(1.39000.126)
7.0(1.21022.1)
7.0(2.11004.1)
6.1(3.9999.1)
7.1(2.10000.16)
6.1(4.1000.10)
8.0(1.10000.40)

Cheers!

Rob

Yes, I just wanted to clarify the behavior because I've seen it several times now on several different CUCMs. I was wondering if it was something that I was doing or there is some peculiarity to the behavior.  I'll go for the traces, which is what I've done before.  Thanks for the responses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: