Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between FTE-10G and SFP-10G-SR

alemunmo81
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I would appreciate the help for explain me the difference between FTE-10G and SFP-10G-SR, being focus on an architecture Nexus.

Thanks in advanced.

Alexis Munoz

5 Replies 5

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The FET-10G is only supported between the Nexus

Supported for fabric links only (Cisco Nexus 2000 Series to Cisco parent switch)

Cisco Fabric Extender Transceiver must be connected to another Cisco Fabric Extender Transceiver

Supported on Cisco Nexus 2224TP, 2248TP, and 2232PP uplinks

Supported on Cisco Nexus 5000 and Nexus 7000 Series Switch fabric links

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps10110/data_sheet_c78-507093.html

While the SFP-10G-SR can be used to connect between the Nexus to other Cisco or 3rd party products, like Nexus to Catalyst 6500.

HTH,

jerry

I have a question related with this : can we connect FEX to Nexus 5000 with other transceivers than FET (SFP-10G-SR for instance) ?

would Nexus accept other vendors SFP+ (AP783A HP for instance) ?

thanks in advance !

Hi for nexus hp have a propaitary sfp exclusive for hp only. The only sfp that is compatible in Cisco is allied television sfp sx for iOS. I haven't tried it to nexus or XR

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Nexus and FEX will accept SFP-10G-SR.

For 3rd party tranceiver, I know it works (I have a customer using some 3rd party twinax cables right now).

HTH,

jerry

g.fabre
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for your answers !

I found there is a command to make "unsupported sfp" working, but I prefer running compatible ones for sure

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card