cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-7945G Phones Stuck "Initializing"

gigamods1
Level 1
Level 1

We received some Cisco CP-7945G phones from our head office to replace the CP-7940G's we had in place.  I'm having an issue with these phones, when powered on and plugged into the network, they are stuck on initializing for a few minutes, then they time out and reboot.  They continue to boot loop like this.  Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks,

Cory

2 Replies 2

gigamods1
Level 1
Level 1

Actually, I think they are trying to provision or connect to a Callmanager or TFTP that they were previously configured for.  Anyone know how to glean the IP address they are trying to connect to and force feed them new config files?  I'm a bit of a noob but I am fairly certain this is what is happening.

Thanks in advance!

Try to upgrade the firmware with your tftp server the upgrade process is easy and it takes what cucm or call manager u have

Upgrade steps are

1. Restart the phone Or power off and power on the phone again

2. When the phone trying to power on just press and hold the # until the lines flashes

3. The press these numbers 123456789*0#

4. The phone look for new tftp and update his firmware

With regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Waisudin Farzam
SNE

P E: wfarzam@gmail.com
S E: wais.farzam@gmail.com
S: wais.farzam

Certified Cisco ID: CSCO11404095
CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Sec, and CCIE R&S v4.0 Written Certified
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: