Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone not getting correct time from CUCM7.0

nareh84
Level 3
Level 3

hi,

I have installed cucm7.0 and during the installation i chose the correct zone (GMT+4 abu dhabi) .. after the installation i changed the System>date/time group option in CUCM admin and change it to reflect my time zone (ie. GMT+4 Abu dhabi) . but phones are not showing the correct time.. do phones get time from the System > Date/time group or they only accept time from Sytem > Phone NTP reference and its necessary to configure ntp source external from CCM - Publisher for the ip phones to show correct time.. I am using 7975 and 7945 ip phones...

Regards

Nareh

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The phone will use the date/time group setting to get the offset, if you have the phone NTP reference set the phone will use that to get the time and then apply the offset to it.  Did you select the option that is compatabile with the legacy phone loads?  Is there any offset applied to the phone's time, if so how much is it off by?

hi,

I havent added any offset.. i just chose my region GMT+4 from the system > date/time group. If phones are not showing time correctly.. do i need to add offset...can u tell me from where it could be added. Isnt there any direct way to chose the correct time by chosing the timezone..??

Regards

nareh

Lakshmi Adapala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the selected Time Zone on the Date/Time Group page has an asterisk on its name. This means it will work with newer phone loads and also older phone loads. This may be the issue.

You mentioned that you set up a date/time group. If you consider the option of configuring a "Phone NTP reference"

Here is a procedure that you can try to create a test one, and assign    it to a test ip phone to see if that works fine in your environment:

step 1: ccm admin > system > phone NTP reference > add new > enter the ip address of your NTP server (you may enter the ip address of the publisher) >select the "directed broadcast" option > save.

step 2:  ccm admin > system > Date/Time group > add new > create a new Date/Time group and please use the "phone NTP reference" that you just created >save.

step 3: ccm admin > system > Device Pool > add new > create a new device pool (please specify there the "Date/Time Group" that you just created).

step 4: Assign the new device pool to an ip phone that can be used for testing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: