Views
Helpful
Replies

"Advanced" Basic-ACD needs :)

mdube
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We have a client which has some "advanced" ACD needs and would like to know if it is feasible in the UC...

In his current BCM, he has 8 different "chains" :

1 - French Customer Service

2 - French Billing

3 - French Account Payables

4 - French Support

5 - English Customer Service

6 - English Billing

7 - English Account Payables

8 - English Support

In each of these chains, there are a number of agents assigned on different levels... Take chain 1 French Customer Service for example :

Level 1     Agent 1

Agent 2

Agent 3

Level 2     Agent 4

Agent 5

Agent 6

Level 3     Agent 7

Agent 8

Agent 9

Problem is, he wants each of his levels to use the longest-idle rule, and if all agents from a level are busy, call jumps to Level 2 agents, and the longest-idle from that level gets the call.

I have been able to do something like this by using a Basic ACD per level. Each ACD is setup so that the hunt type is longest-idle, and when all agents are busy, they are forwarded to the next Basic ACD that is setup which contains level 2 agents.

Now, if I had only 2-3 chains, this would work perfectly. Problem is, I have 8 different chains with 2 to 4 levels (total of 20 different levels). And I have only a maximum of 10 Basic ACD that can be setup...

Is there something that can be done? Maybe I am using the wrong approach on this problem, or maybe the UC just won't fit in that case?

Thanks for you help, hope I have been clear enough,

Mathieu

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

With this setup, a more capable solution would be to use CUCME or CUCM with Cisco Unified Contact Center Express for the ACD groups.  Depending on the size of the system you need, you could use Cisco Unified CCX with CUCME running on a 2800 or 2900 series router, but this is not supported on the UC500 platform.

Regards,

Adam Compton

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

With this setup, a more capable solution would be to use CUCME or CUCM with Cisco Unified Contact Center Express for the ACD groups.  Depending on the size of the system you need, you could use Cisco Unified CCX with CUCME running on a 2800 or 2900 series router, but this is not supported on the UC500 platform.

Regards,

Adam Compton

Thank you Adam,

At least I know I was in the right direction and now know that "all" I need is a bigger equipment.

Just to make sure, if I have UC520 on remote offices, will I be able to connect them to the Cisco Unified CCX with CUCME running on a 2800 or 2900 series router that would be at head office? Pretty much like the multi-site setup supported on UC520. I'm guessing that it will work and that this configuration will have to be done in CLI but I just want to make sure if it's supposed to work or not.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Mathieu

Mathieu,

You can network CUCME and UC520 sites with some CLI configuration.  If you are planning on having agents at the UC520 sites, that would not be supported.  That would require moving to an ISR router or teleworker configuration back to the CUCME with UCCX.

Regards,

Adam Compton

Ok great,

No there won't be agents on remote office, the agents are all located at head office, I just need to be able to transfert a call between sites once it has been received by an agent.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: