WLC 4402 Management Interface

Unanswered Question
Sep 30th, 2010
User Badges:

I am in the process of installing a 4402-12. It's being connected to a HP Procurve GB PoE switch.  The Management and AP Manager are untagged.  2 VLANS were created 201 (SECURE) and 221 (GUEST).  HP switch has VLAN 1 disabled with no native VLAN being used.  Only VLAN currently being used on HP switch is 201. It was my intention to allow complete access to anyone using SECURE while I would redirect all GUEST traffic onto on HP port to a DMZ.  When I connect the management and both AP mgr ports (LAG) I have a HTTPS connection to the management interface and it can also be pinged.  As soon as I tag or trunk the AP manager interfaces (or physically remove the AP manager cables) the management link drops and I no longer have any access to the 4402?  It's as if the 4402 is using the AP Manager interface to connect to the Management port.  Why?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
stukatinsky Fri, 10/01/2010 - 10:54
User Badges:

Figured it out.  Was thinking that the management port and service port were the same where in reality the management port is virtual and the physical service port has no purpose at this time.

Actions

This Discussion