cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading IPBase to IPServices-Help show me what TAC can't

ciscoRRover
Level 1
Level 1

Everyone, I've spent 4 days opening tickets with Cisco and nobody seems to give me a straight answer...

I have four 3750G's in a stack with IPBase licensing... Paid a bundle to get upgraded licenses for IPServices.   For some reason, nobody at Cisco can tell me exactly what I need to do in order to upgrade the 3750's.   One group says I need a license key file..but they don't know where I get it..another one says I need to download something but they don't know from where.. another group tells me I can't do anything online - I have to wait for my licensing pack to arrive FedEx ground 4 days later.. well, I played the waiting game and got four official packages - basically 4 copies of a generic software image CD containing what looks like a downloadable IPservices image.

Do I simply need to apply an IPServices image of my choosing off the support site?  That doesn't seem very cisco, since my firewall cluster failed to start when those things weren't completely equally licensed... so I can't imagine this is that simple...

Any info is appreciated...! Thank you

Pete

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Pete,

Since you have G series, you just need to download the image.  The latest on CCO for stacked is:

c3750-ipservicesk9-tar.122-55.SE.tar 

The license applies to E and X series.

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Pete,

Since you have G series, you just need to download the image.  The latest on CCO for stacked is:

c3750-ipservicesk9-tar.122-55.SE.tar 

The license applies to E and X series.

HTH

Reza

Thank you - that's the direction I was leaning on this...just amazed they couldn't put this together internally...

Pete

Believe me, I have gone through the nightmare of the license activation issues and can feel you pain. 2 years ago,  I had 2 3750-E licenses from Cisco, it took me and the TAC and our SE 7 days to get it installed. Every time I complained, TAC issued me a new license with wrong instructions.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card