Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID in CME

Hello All,

i have customer who has CME 4.0 with T1/PRI connection they need different Caller Name and Number for internal calls and external calls.

if Phone A (6001) calls to Phone B (6002) ID shows on Phone B as "Name = Phone A, Number = 4085551234" but if Phone A calls outsite phone id Shows on external phone as "Name = ABC Company, Number = 4081234567"

please advise,

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Udit Mehrotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can achieve this for calling number but not for calling name. If you want just one calling name for all calls for PSTN, you can request your telco to do this for you.

For can achieve this using translation rules for both internal and external calls for calling number only.

For help on translation rules check -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

HTH

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Udit Mehrotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can achieve this for calling number but not for calling name. If you want just one calling name for all calls for PSTN, you can request your telco to do this for you.

For can achieve this using translation rules for both internal and external calls for calling number only.

For help on translation rules check -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

HTH

Thanks for quick answer, do you have any Cisco document that says different calling name for internal and external not supported?

Firasat.siddiqui wrote:

Thanks for quick answer, do you have any Cisco document that says different calling name for internal and external not supported?

Maybe you did not understood the answer.

It is not that is not supported, it is that only telco can decide the name presented for external calls.

Cisco does not need to write a document to state what is common knowledge.

i understand and also know that this option is not in CME but my customer asking any Cisco document that says this option is not controlled by CUCME.

No such document exists, because it is common knowledge.

Would make sense if you were able to generate calls as "President of the United States" ???

Calling Name that is sent on ISDN cicuits is defined by name command under

ephone-dn.

If you want CME to control single calling Name, then configure same name under the ephone-dn but then this behavior would be for both internal and external users i.e. one Calling Name. If you want to have different Calling Name for internal you can configure individual name under ephone-dn but then the name advertised to PSTN in SETUP to PSTN would be different for every extension. In such case, contact your telco to have Calling Name to be controlled by them.

As for Calling number you need to play with translation rules.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: