Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't connect to N type wireless WRT120N

paulie.link
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys!

I have a vaio EB2S1E and one router Linksys WRT120N. Both devices have the N wireless standard. When i set the router to Wireless N-only, my notebook cannot conect to it anymore, i see it as a device but after i  enter the SSID and password it will not connect. If i leave it to Mixed or Wireless G-only or set it to Wi-Fi Protected Setup the notebook connects fine and i am amble to copy with 2.5 mb/sec

I have posted a picture with the settings, can anyone tell me what am i doing wrong?

[URL=http://img196.imageshack.us/i/capturehv.jpg/][IMG]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7143/capturehv.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

PS I have two onboard LAN cards on my PC one Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller and one Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. Is there any difference between them, besides the name? Which one is better to use with my router?

Thank you for reading this!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry Paul I have experience with Cisco not Sony-Vaio, but I believe you can set this somewhere in your OS settings.

Calin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Paul,

I see on your pictures that you set Linksys on N-only. Can you do the same on Vaio? Use only N on both sides and try.

Then you said "i  enter the SSID and password it will not connect" what is the error message on your Vaio?

Regarding your Ethernet card, I see that one is PCI and the other one PCI-E (PCI Express). Different slot type.

Calin

Hey Calin,

I do not know how to set my vaio to connect only to N networks, can you tell me how to?

The error message is the same as if i were typing the SSID password wrong, which i ain't cause i checked multiple times

Both of my LAN cards are onboard, they do not use any PCI or PCI-E slots...

Sorry Paul I have experience with Cisco not Sony-Vaio, but I believe you can set this somewhere in your OS settings.

Calin

Hey, i see that you have a romanian name, are you romanian? If you are could i contact you through email or some im adress? Thank you, have a nice day!

Ok, i have played with the settings and put specially AES encryption type and now my vaio connects fine to the N standard, i now copy with 7.5 mbs. Solved!

Great! Thanks for sharing your solution!

P.S. I've added you as a friend on this community

Calin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card