cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRP 572 drops ADSL connection overnight

martin.dye
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently purchased 2 SRP 572 W for 2 clients.

Set them up using the wizard, just for ADSL no voice, and every morning they have to reboot the router to get their ADSL working.

Can anyone point me in what direction I should be looking?

The lines have been tested by telecoms compaines and are working fine with no faults.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Martin

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Martin;

There is a known issue for certain configurations when not using the voice ports. Please disable the voice ports (go to voice section, then to Line 1 - Disable the line, do the same for Line 2 and submit changes and reboot. This should make the deal.

If this works for your configurations, please let me know

Alberto

View solution in original post

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

Just one other comment - If you wish to configure the full set of functionality of the SRP500, please log in with admin/admin.

Also, we a planning to release a firmware update soon - this also has a couple of fixes that will help with some ADSL training issues that a few people have seen.

Cheers

Andy

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Martin;

There is a known issue for certain configurations when not using the voice ports. Please disable the voice ports (go to voice section, then to Line 1 - Disable the line, do the same for Line 2 and submit changes and reboot. This should make the deal.

If this works for your configurations, please let me know

Alberto

Many Thanks Alberto for the prompt reply.

At the moment (fingers crossed!) one of the routers is working, the second for some strange reason decided to lose it's configuration!

So I'll be re-installing it Tuesday week after sitting my Microsoft MCITP exams.

I'll let you know then, and after the weekend I'll confirm the state of play on router 1.

Many Thanks

Alll the Best

Martin

Hi Albetro,

Sorry it's a been a while since I started this blog and replied to your answer.

The router was faulty and exchanged!

The same problem occured so I set it up as you suggested and all is now ok.

Many Thanks for your input and Andy.

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

Just one other comment - If you wish to configure the full set of functionality of the SRP500, please log in with admin/admin.

Also, we a planning to release a firmware update soon - this also has a couple of fixes that will help with some ADSL training issues that a few people have seen.

Cheers

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: