CCDP Certification

Unanswered Question
Oct 1st, 2010

Hi All,

I am after some assistance (possibly from Cisco Experts/Staff) about the CCDP certification.

I passed my CCNP about 4 months ago in doing this i completed the following exams:- BSMSN, BSCI & TSHOOT. I am now considering doing the CCDA/CCDP options as i thought this only meant 2 more exams to become CCDP.

Looking on the Cisco Website about the CCDP exams required states the following to attain CCDP:- ROUTE, SWITCH & ARCH, does this mean i now need to re-do my BSCI (now ROUTE) and BCMSN (now SWITCH).

Can someone please advise on this ASAP as i am extremely concerned that i will have to re-do exams i have already passed.

Regards
Craig

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rob Huffman Fri, 10/01/2010 - 05:38

Hey Craig,

No worries my friend, you are good to go

CCNP to CCDP: Exam requirements

As a CCNP, what requirements must I complete to achieve my CCDP certification?

Many of the exam requirements for CCNP and CCDP certification are the same. If you hold a valid CCNP Certification, you have already completed the CCNA, BSCI and BCMSN exam requirements in pursuit of your CCNP certification. You will only need to complete two additional exams to achieve the CCDP certification.

You must successfully pass the DESGN exam (or have a valid CCDA) and the ARCH 642-871 exam. To obtain additional information regarding the CCDP certification and the recommended training courses, please visit the CCDP Certification Website at www.cisco.com/go/ccdp.

Exams for CCDP and CCIP certification

The CCIP certification requires the BSCI exam.  The CCDP certification requires the BSCI and BCMSN exams. Will these exams still be available for CCIP and CCDP candidates?

No, the BSCI and BCMSN exams will be retired and replaced with the ROUTE and SWITCH exams, respectively, in all related Cisco certifications. Students working towards their CCIP or CCDP certifications should refer to the mix and match table below for further information.

CCDP =BSCI + BCMSN + ARCH
CCDP  =COMP + ARCH
CCDP  =BSCI + SWITCH + ARCH
CCDP  =ROUTE + BCMSN + ARCH
CCIP   =BSCI + QOS + MPLS + BGP

CCIP   =

ROUTE + QOS + MPLS + BGP

http://ciscocert.force.com/english/articles/Article/Exams-for-CCDP-and-CCIP-certification-EN?retURL=%2Fapex%2Finstantanswers%3FproductCategory%3DCCDP_Certification

Cheers!

Rob