Views
Helpful
Replies

Make a Video+web meeting with WebEx + CUVA + Tandberg MXP + Polycom

iantra123
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We want to make a videoconference + web  conference (for presentation and desktop sharing) on Webex

Actualy we have :

. CUVA for Desktop Enduser (let's take 2 end users),

. 2 Tandberg 3000 MXP on Meeting Room

. 1 Polycom VSX7000...lets's say in SCCP on another site.

What are the equipements we need to realize our needs so that Everyone using these enpoints can meet in WebEx in one Time?

How about MeetingPlace?

Best regards,

Antra

3 Replies 3

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

I was wondering if you integrated successfully and if so, willing to share your experience? Thx

Hi,

Not yet.

I think we have to use Meeting Place + Webex Node.

Well, we have labs now so i can confirm after. I think it is possible.

regards,

Hi,

Be careful with your expectations here.

If you mean Webex Node for MCS - this is probably not your solution. It only mixes and aggregates the Web / Content sharing part of the Webex sessions locally. Webex Video will always be bridged in the cloud.

MeetingPlace can help with bridging Video and Audio locally. But also be careful here.

As it stands today, MeetingPlace video and Webex video streams are two different islands.

i.e. you could have a bunch of users on their desktop cams through the Webex clients.. and they can see each other.

Then you could have a bunch of room based systems bridged on MeetingPlace.. and they can see each other.

But there is currently no link between the Webex bridged video and the MeetingPlace streams. So the two different groups of users cant see each other.

As you say, best thing to do is to set up a little pilot and play around with it, and test it's limitations.

Cheers,

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: