cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can anyone help with IOS backup from Switch 3560 to Tftp Server?????

Tlotliso08
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to backup IOS from Flash to Tftp Server,I assigned ip addresses for switch 3560 and for PC,From PC I can ping Switch but from Switch I cannot ping PC,I've cecked everything I can think of and I just don't know what to do anymore,Anyone with suggestions?please help

13 Replies 13

krahmani323
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Dorren,

Are you on a Windows OS ? If yes is the Windows Firewall activated ?

Regards.

Karim

Hi Karim,

I have deactivated the firewall but I still can't copy because when i'm on switch i cannot ping PC but they have same IP range and on PC i can ping Switch,any other ideas???

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

FW would be the first thing to check on the pc, disable it .

Depending upon the flavor of tftp server, you may need to permission the IP address or addresses which need write access to the tftp server.

Hi,

I'm using Tftpd32,how do i permission IP address(es)?

Hi,

As it is posted in prevoius discussion, your PC is blocking ICMP.

check your firewall and your antivirus ... might be it is antivirus issue as well which is blocking the ping reply.

Please check the log viewer on the tftpd32 and see what is causing that. Also how big is the IOS file ? Make sure the file directory is correct. Thanks.

Hi Alan,

How do I permit an IP address?????

lusandi
Level 1
Level 1

Can you post the show run of your switch?

What version of windows are you running?  If it's Vista or Windows 7 make sure to run tftpd32 as an administrator (right click on the icon and choose run

as administrator).

-Matt

Tlotliso08
Level 1
Level 1

I can now ping both ways but the problem now is the Tftp,it gives me this message,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,%Error opening tftp://192.168.10.2/c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-50.SE3.bin (Permission denied),,,,,,,,how do i permit??????

The file might be too big or the directory is wrong. Please check the directory.

Hi,

Can you share the details about, what  command you have used for get the back .

i need below details as well .........

dir flash:

error after giving below command :

copy flash:/ ... filename ... tftp:/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: