CCIE SP Lab Exam

Unanswered Question
Oct 1st, 2010

Hello, I've just read in the CCIE Service provider information page that after you passed the CCIE SP written exam, yoy have 18 months for the first lab attemp, is that true?

I have plans of doing the lab exam, but it will happen 20 months after the writtel exam, Someone know if I have to pass the written exam again?

Regards, Pablo.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
krahmani323 Fri, 10/01/2010 - 07:31

Hello Pablo,

As you have seen it at  http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/sp/index.html =>

You must make an initial attempt of the CCIE lab exam within 18 months of passing the CCIE written exam. If you do not pass the lab exam within three years of passing the written exam, you must retake the written exam before being allowed to attempt the lab exam again.

In other words you must pass the lab within three years of passing the written exam to  achieve CCIE SP track.

Your first lab attempt must be made within 18  months and in case of failure (what I don't hope for you) you have to success to the lab within 3 years from the written exam obtention.

So there is two conditions which cancel the written exam from the date obtention :

- Not taking the initial lab attempt within 18 months.

- Not passing the lab within 3 years.

Cheers And good luck !

Karim

Actions

This Discussion