Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Question

hello all,

I have a customer with a call flow a little bit weird and they don't want to change the call flow

this is what's happening

when somebody calls a main number, the call goes to a call handler, plays a couple of options, if the caller presses '0' the call is sent to a subscriber on an attempt to transfer. the extension of the call handler is an extension shared between 18 phones, however the busy trigger is set to 1, if the first operator extension is busy it will roll over to a second operator extension, with a busy trigger set to 1, then the call will roll over to a third number with a busy trigger set to 1 as well. if the 3 lines are busy the call is sent to a call handler that will play a message and it will do an attempt to transfer to subscriber operator , until the call is answer by a person.

when the call volume on this number is high, some calls are sent to the operator's voicemail and we don't know why

is there a timer or a setting that gets triggered on this loop that the sets the system to send the call to VM even if it's not supposed to do so ?

for the customer works great and doesn't want to change this, we have addressed this several times

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Dartez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under the Advanced settings tab--> Conversations, there is a "Maximum Call Transfer Attempts Allowed" setting.  It is set to 5 on my lab server.  See if changing this will get you what you need.

Greg

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gregory Dartez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under the Advanced settings tab--> Conversations, there is a "Maximum Call Transfer Attempts Allowed" setting.  It is set to 5 on my lab server.  See if changing this will get you what you need.

Greg

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately it could be the high volume times which lead you into the issue.

As you indicate this might not be the best configuration for this type of situation. However you would need to look at the Callmanager traces to see why the call ended up being forwarded to the VM box.

I know you said you had a Call Handler setup when all lines were busy but that should just forward the call back out. If for some reason the transfer fails then that could lead to something unexpected happening.

Regardless to figure out more you would have to review the Callmanager and perhaps Unity Connection traces with Call Flow, Conversation and perhaps Skinny traces enabled.

Sorry I cannot be of more assistance.

Thanks,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: