Authenticate device using ACS 3.2.3 using WPA

Unanswered Question

We are in the process of upgrading our Cisco Wireless network to WLC, WLS. and the latest 802.11n Access Point.

Presently it is still in the planning stages an realisticaly wont be installed for about a year and a half.

We are also in the process of upgrading our access switches and core.

My dilemma and it may be I am not just looking in the right location. Presently the wireless system is completly Cisco, using a WLSE,WDS, and ACS servers.(autonomous system)

I need to set up a network now for vendors. What I have so far is a ssid setup with a subnet outside of our internal network resources.

I need to use WPA,and authenticate the users or machine with the ACS server.  We want some control over users to limit there access

once the vendor or guest leaves.  I have set this up with WEP with mac authentication in the past but for some reason I cannot find any information using WPA.

It is in testing stage still but I have it set up with WPA with the key on the client and the AP, but I cannot get it to work with the ACS.

A user connects via WPA and goes straight out to the internet.  If they need internal resources they will come in through the cisco vpn.

Just cant figure out how to authenticate the devcie or user so as to contorll who we let on this ssid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

May be our system is so old most documentation is archived somewhere.

Thanks

JR

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Serge Yasmine Wed, 10/06/2010 - 06:35

Hello John,

Are you looking for a way to provide guest access to visitors thru the WLC?

Have you looked at the Web Authentication option?

Thanks

Serge

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network