ICM Forward (from script) to external number failing after two rings

Unanswered Question
Oct 2nd, 2010

ICM 7.2.x

In the script I am basically forwarding the caller to a persons cell phone (and other numbers) based on difffent logic.

The issue is it only rings twice then fails.  Registers as Call.RequeryStatus=3 (Ring no Answer).

How can I extend that ring time in ICM?

I have it doing to a dialed number that is a dummy number on a dummy phone that forwards teh call out from CM.  When I call the dummy number from a phone in that CM Cluster - it works fine - no isses - rings till VM answers.  SO the issue lies with the call coming out of ICM.

Any thoughts?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Ronnie Laughlin Sat, 10/02/2010 - 13:32

Correct.

I have tried it both as a "dynamic label" and "configured label" (not that it would matter but just for kicks) and the results are the same.

It DOES call the number - but only allows for 2 rings and ends.  I can (and did) enable the requery on the label node but all that gives me is the system making muliple back to back 2 ring calls.

I feel like there should be a RNA setting in ICM somewhere but there isn't.  Not for an outboud call off a label.  There is a setting for internal calls on the agent desk settings but that has no effect on this.

david.macias Sat, 10/02/2010 - 14:23

Can you send the call offnet then to that phone?  Also, disable the requery on the label.  Ultimately, ICM needs to see a label and just sends the call off without keeping track of it.

david

Ronnie Laughlin Sat, 10/02/2010 - 14:30

If I disable the requery then the call will just ring twice then disconnect.

It's not just sending the call off - it's "keeping tabs" of it for some reason.

If i do it as a dynamic label and don't enable the requery - it will ring out twice then play an error message.

If I do it as a configured label - it will ring twice then disconnect.

david.macias Sat, 10/02/2010 - 14:57

I have a feeling the issue is going to be on the ingress gateway.  If I remember correctly, there might be a timer somewhere in there that might be dropping the call.  What happens when you send the call offnet (through PSTN)?

david

Ronnie Laughlin Sat, 10/02/2010 - 15:02

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "offnet".

I can tell you - when I call the label from a phone that is on that UCM Cluster - it works just fine and rings more than twice.

As a matter of fact - i tested that with a few different numbers - and got the same results each time.  It only fails if the call originates from ICM.

david.macias Sat, 10/02/2010 - 18:23

Can you call that phone by making the call go out to the PSTN using an ICM label?

david

Ronnie Laughlin Sun, 10/03/2010 - 06:43
  • That fails instatnly - no error message - just drops the call.
  • That is what is odd to me - in another instance I support - that does work!
david.macias Sun, 10/03/2010 - 10:45

Time to bring in your IPT guys and find out what is disconnecting the call, is it UCM or the ingress gateway.

david

ronnie.laughlin wrote:

• That fails instatnly - no error message - just drops the call.
  • That is what is odd to me - in another instance I support - that does work!

That should work. You return a label to CVP (like 8885551234) and CVP consults the SIP proxy (or gatekeeper) and you have static routes to all your subscribers. Then CUCM will see that as a standard pattern and prefix "91" and place the call. You are hairpinning of course - using an inbound channel and an outbound channel on possibly two different gateways for the life of the call. Worked for me, but I am trying to remember if I had to do something on the ingress dial peers.

Alternatively, let the proxy send back to the ingress gateway, catch it on a dial peer and send it out the POTS dial peer.

Regards,

Geoff

Actions

This Discussion