Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP: send BYE after call hangup

Hi all,

how can I set a Cisco 2600 with BRI interface to send a BYE just after hangup?

Actually, if I hangup a call, nothing is done for exactly 30 seconds, and after them, a BYE is sent.

Can I set it to send BYE immediatly or after a couple of seconds?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you receiving Disconnect Q931 on ISDN with Progress Indicator. Check for PI=8 or PI=3

IOS will not send BYE immediately if PI is received which indicates IOS needs to listen to inband tones being sent by the telco. Audio cut through would be one way once the Disconnect is received. i.e. from Gateway to IP Phone. In such a case PSTN controls releasing the call. Telco would send a RELEASE message after 30 seconds which would result in call tear down and IOS will send BYE to SIP leg.

You can try the following workaround:

Configure following in global config mode:

voice call disc-pi-off

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/command/reference/vr_v1.html#wp1105073

Remember above is only true if Q931 Disconnect comes with a PI.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Christopher Graham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We're going to need a little more information.  What is your call flow?  What is the 2600 using SIP to communicate with?  CUCM?

Which side of the call is disconnecting first?  PSTN or IP phone?

Hi,

this is the network topology:

Cisco 7960 SIP -> FreeSwitch (a SIP PBX) -> Cisco 2600 with BRI -> ISDN -> My mobile phone

Situation 1:

- Cisco 7960 calls me on my mobile

- I can answer and speak correctly.

- Cisco 7960 hangup

- FreeSwitch detect the hangup and BYE is sent immediatly

- My Mobile hangup.

All is OK

Situation 2:

- Cisco 7960 calls me on my mobile

- I can answer and speak correctly.

- My Mobile hangup

- Cisco 2600 detect ISDN disconnection and wait for 30 seconds

- I can ear the busy tone on 7960 but call length indicator still forwarding ( 1, 2, 3, ... seconds)

- After exactly 30 seconds, Cisco 2600 send BYE

- FreeSwitch detect the BYE and hangup the line.

Are you receiving Disconnect Q931 on ISDN with Progress Indicator. Check for PI=8 or PI=3

IOS will not send BYE immediately if PI is received which indicates IOS needs to listen to inband tones being sent by the telco. Audio cut through would be one way once the Disconnect is received. i.e. from Gateway to IP Phone. In such a case PSTN controls releasing the call. Telco would send a RELEASE message after 30 seconds which would result in call tear down and IOS will send BYE to SIP leg.

You can try the following workaround:

Configure following in global config mode:

voice call disc-pi-off

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/command/reference/vr_v1.html#wp1105073

Remember above is only true if Q931 Disconnect comes with a PI.

HTH

Thank you.

With this: "voice call disc-pi-off" i've solve the issue.

Just a quesiton: is possibile to hangup after a couple of seconds instead immediatly?

With that command, IOS will send BYE immediatly, that's fine, but I think that a couple

of seconds of busy tone should be better.

Is that possibile?